Sunday, October 9, 2011

Update #3

PROGRESS!!! HOLY SMOKES FINALLY!!!!! Well...... I am trying to do this...... http://vimeo.com/20473750 That's my goal before the 21st for my BFA review.

I've been working on this last week and finally got it up and running this weekend! Partially...

After installing the programs needed for the 2-D character to work to my surprise none of them worked. When I opened them they tried to work but just crashed. I realized the programs and Microsofts beta for the Kinect are probably interfering with one another. I removed EVERYTHING related to both programs and tried it all over again. SUCCESS!!!! I have OpenNi working great and with a lot of issues finally got Nite to work! I thought "PERFECT! I must have the worst part over with and now just one final itty bitty program." I was wrong. I cannot for the life of me figure out why OSceleton will not install or work correctly. I've tried researching it, trying everything I could possibly think of to get it to work...I'm stumped! I need to work on it more and see if I can get it to work.....I know there has to be a way and I'm just missing something......

Next I plan to get Osceleton to work and then getting that setup to run with Animata. So close....Yet so far.

Discoveries.....Nothing is as easy as it seems and technology has a mind of it's own.


No comments:

Post a Comment