Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring '11 Schedule

1. A working title for your project. 3-D Motion: Sensored Reflection (Sorry for non-creative)
2. A one-sentence description of your project:. Motion Sensored projection that will project a 3-D torso instead of the viewers own image.
3. A one-paragraph description of your project. Will be continuing from last term. This term I will hopefully have my project up and running. The project is I want to have a mirror or reflective surface that resembles a mirror and when people walk up to the reflective surface they will trigger the motion sensor and instead of seeing their own reflection they will see the creatures and monsters I make in Mudbox. (3-D program, basically sculpting clay but on a computer). I'm be using a projector,computer and if I have my way a Xbox 360 Kinect (Microsoft just released it will be completely open sourced for PC users this Spring). If the Kinect falls through will have to do more research.... KINECT DID FALL THROUGH!! I WILL NOW BE IN E-MAIL COMMUNICATION WITH DAVID BITHEL! HE WAS INTERVIEW FOR A DIGITAL POSITION AT SOU AND I TALKED TO HIM ABOUT MY PROJECT AND SAID HE COULD GET IT GOING WITHIN A WEEK! ANGRY I HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN!!
4. A one-page description of your project:This project is I want to have a mirror or reflective surface that resembles a mirror and when people walk up to the reflective surface they will trigger the motion sensored device. Instead of seeing their own reflection they will see the creatures/monsters torsos I make in Mudbox. (3-D program, basically sculpting clay but on a computer). Will be a interactive installation piece that I will hopefully turn into a show on campus. ...
5. A description of your products of study—what you're going to actually produce during the course of your project: Mudbox creature/monsters torsos and I hope to get this project up and running so I actually have something to show.
6. Visual and/or written research for your project—other people’s work:
7. Treatment visuals for your project—your own work: End Result



8. A written description of specific technical and research issues you will need to address during the course of your project: WHERE TO EVEN START!!! Alright.....That was my issue last term. EVERYTHING about this project is new to me. I'm not a technical person to this extent. At this point I just need to see if I can get the Xbox 360 kinect if not.....Back to the drawing board.
9. A timeline of your project. Basically.....GET SOMETHING UP AND RUNNING BY THE END OF THE TERM!! That's the goal. A least every two weeks have a mudbox model? Or 1 one a week? So I have a bunch of torso's that can circulate over time with this installation piece. Will get back to specific times.



No comments:

Post a Comment