I have been very busy but this project has not been left out of my mind. I have an outcome of how I want my project to be completed. The finished product if you will. I have FANTASTIC news on the Xbox 360 Kinect. Microsoft announced this Spring that they will have it open for full PC use!! What does this mean..??? MORE AND MORE open sourced programs like the motion sensored parrot! PERFECT! I think I'm leaning towards the Xbox 360 Kinect since Microsoft is opening a massive door for programmers.
Below is how I want my finished installation piece. (bare with me on my hand writing) I truly want to make the mirror element work no matter what. I think it will have a greater impact when the viewer cannot see their own reflection but a hideous creature instead. We all know that every person has dark secrets and isn't always who they appear to be.
I have a friend (Lonny) who has downloaded and has messed with the program a little bit and it seems to work great! Just have to figure out how to make it work for my purposes.....
I will be continuing to work on this project over break and during Spring 450. I hope to be able to do a show in Spring if not then Fall. To be able to present it for my BFA review in Fall will be ideal and critical since this is a big project and I need something to show more than poor sketches. I am also working more in Mudbox and LOVING IT! Hoping to knock out a few creatures this break and figure out how many creatures I need. Time lapse....Would love for the creatures to change everytime a person walks up...Possible?
The above sketch shows what I want to accomplish. I need a projector, 360 Kinect and a computer. (preferably not mine......) There are many, many, many, more things to figure out, create and put together for me to make this right and how I want it. Time...is not in my favor at the moment.Questions:
- My project is a motion sensored installation art piece
- Is a combination of digital and real-space
- Created original content based off of my idea of combining photography and 3-D elements
- I will be using the Xbox 360 Kinect, Open sourced software and Mudbox
- I asked professors, people online and friends to see what advice they could offer and working with Lonny on the open sourced program as of now.
- I struggled to understand EXACTLY what I needed to make this project work. I have no knowledge in this and I wish someone could tell me how to go about doing it. But...That's what this class is for right? Learning. I wish Programming *cough* math *cough* came to me easier....But it doesn't. I have hope that I can understand this program with the help of Lonny and a few other friends.
- LOVED how the critics were set up and how everyone gave advice or comments. Some of my best critics I've had for awhile. Not too long but not too short just right and meaningful.
- I believe that I am on track with my project proposal. I know what I need to do and get to make this a successful installation piece. I just need the Xbox 360 Kinect, work on my Mudbox creatures and figure out the open sourced program.
Bobby!!!! I need to know when/if we get the ok to order an Xbox 360 Kinect or not. I seriously think that this technology will be great for future use on campus. Keep me informed please. I really appreciate it.
Tawnee, I love your project idea and I'm stoked that I'll probably get to see it as it progresses. I was thinking about your project the other day and I thought I would share this image with you.
ReplyDeletehttp://lfp-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/279pill_man_lores-300x300.jpg
I thought that it might be an interesting way to work in the idea of having to take a lot of medicine into your body, where it almost becomes your existence.
Anyways, back to this project... I cannot wait to see what the monsters look like, and I think your final thought of them being different, perhaps a time lapse would be interesting, so that everyone will not have the same experience as the next, or even the same one twice.
Ohhhhhh....Maxine....Thank you SO much for that picture. I really love it! Great inspiration :D
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you like the idea of having a time lapse on the monsters. I have a few started in Mudbox and I will post those within a few days once I get further along. (I know this is finals but I will continue to work on this project...So this blog will be alive)